Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Rainbow

The Bible study that I participate in here in La Ceiba is doing a Beth Moore study - and this was our first week of homework. As anyone who has ever done a Beth Moore study knows, there is a lot of homework to do, but it is well worth it.
One day this week, the home work was about Noah and God's covenant with Noah: "I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth." Gen 9:13
In the afternoon, I set out to do some errands around town, feeling a bit rushed, and 'behind schedule' and frustrated that I still had so much to do... I walked briskly down the street, mumbling my frustrations and venting my complaints, and then I suddenly looked up and what did I see? A beautiful, almost complete and perfect rainbow in the sky. My frustrations melted away, like butter in the sun, and I no longer felt the need to complain about anything. God is so good and He is doing some big stuff in me; no I am not 100% content all the time, I have not surrender all control to God, and I am less than compassionate more often then I care to admit. Yet, I am more content, have surrender more of my life to God and am compassionate towards others in situations where in the past I would not have - so I am a big work in progress. It is a good thing I am in Honduras, where things do not move fast, and where nobody expects immediate results...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: