Monday, February 16, 2009

I count His Blessings

The splendor of the King,
clothes in majesty,
and all the earth rejoice,
all the earth rejoice,
He wraps himself in light,
and darkness tries to hide,
and trembles at his voice,
and trembles at his voice.

How great is our God,
sing with me how great is God
and all will see how great, how great is our God.
Chris Tomlin

I sat down to write about God's many and amazing blessings, especially the ones we have seen visibly, daily here in Honduras. The music was playing in the background and I was struck by the words from Chris Tomlin's song – How Great is Our God. It was such an appropriate praise for the way God is showering my family in blessings right now.

We pray and we receive
We pray and things are resolved
We pray and it happens
We pray and our needs are met

Daily we see God's abundant blessings, in ways we could have never imagined or envisioned – He surprises us constantly. At times, we can barely utter the prayer before it is answered. Seeing so visibly and clearly how God bless us has been such a great lesson for us in God's faithfulness.

I can’t help but praise Him – "How great is our God, sing with me how great is our God, and all will see how great, how great is our God."

No comments: