Saturday, January 24, 2009

Perception vs reality

Why is it that I have such a hard time getting to reality? I seem to get stuck in perception, and then perception colors my life, my world view, my attitude towards anyone and anything around me?

Perception is not real; it is not true, it is often completely wrong. I know that in my head, but my heart.. that is another story. So I am once again reminded of God's mercy with me, His incredible patience with this slow learner, who just does not seem to 'get it.' Never do I feel God's impatience with me like I feel with our boys when they 'just don't get it,' never do I feel His frustration with my inability to absorb, obey and trust – yet I am so quick to become frustrated with the boys when they do disobey, repeatedly make the same mistake or simply forget what I told them.

I take comfort in Beth Moore's quote: "God's specialty is raising dead things to life and making impossible things possible." Impossibly slow learner like me…. there is hope!

No comments: