Saturday, January 24, 2009

My three C's

I am not one to make New Year's promises, but this year I was challenged to take an inventory of my life. 2008 presented so many challenges, changes and choices for us as a family and for me as a person – it truly was a whirlwind year with little time for reflection. I finally have time to think more clearly, pray for purposefully and truly listen to what God has in mind for me and our family. Life here in La Ceiba offers plenty more time for quite reflection and it is becoming clearer to me that I ought to focus on a few key things this year – and 'coincidentally' they all begin with C, perhaps to make it easier for me to remember my lessons…
Contentment, control (giving it up), and compassion are going to be my focus this year. Although three relatively simply words they encompass so much and have such far reaching consequences for my life. I would be delusional if I even for a second thought I would master these things in one short year.. my goal is simply to move in the right direction. So I covet my friends prayers – that I would be a faithful student, have a willing heart and an open mind to the ways that God is going to teach me. He is ready, but am I?

No comments: